Our Global Health Projects are perfect for you if:
- You want overseas healthcare work experience that will boost your university application
- You did not get into your first choice university but want to reapply
- You’ve deferred your university place until next year
- You’re taking a gap year before you decide which route you want to take
Our projects in Asia and Africa are suitable if you’re considering a career in healthcare such as (but not limited to): Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Paramedic Science to name but a few.
Why go overseas?
The aim is for you to get a clinical experience that you can’t get anywhere else - you’ll see how local staff treat everything from common illnesses to tropical diseases. And you’ll come away from the experience prepared to tackle university one step ahead of your peers.
This is an exclusive two-week overseas hospital work experience that boosts your academic profile and paves the way to university. Shadowing local doctors, you’ll get experience that all but a select few have. And you’ll get a professional reference at the end to prove it.
So, when your university choices are trawling through personal statements, yours will stand out.
What are the benefits?
- Strengthen your academic profile
- Impress universities with proof of experience within a clinical setting
- Build a healthcare network to tap into during your career
- Gain perspective that will reframe your view of the NHS
- Build your confidence by stepping out of your comfort zone
- Get an idea of where you might specialise later in your career
- Get a professional reference from a Hospital Director to add to your portfolio